The bank verification number(BVN) which is a security identification code digits of eleven (11) numbers and it serves as a thorough universal ID that all the banks in Nigeria banking sectors has unanimously adopted to ensure transparency, effect easy assessment of data, and to help checkmate frauds which has become prevalent around the banking sectors transactions.
However, the introduction of the BVN was brought into existence when the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) thought it wise to implement its cashless policy, basically, in order to curb and control all forms of financial fraud and theft that is associated with the banking sectors. Interesting, the BVN equally enables you to carry out your transactions at any point of banking services.
To this effect the Central Bank of Nigeria collaborated with all the Nigerian banks to launch the Bank Verification Number (BVN) project in February 14, 2014.
This move was uniquely created to identify every customer across the Nigerian banking industry by using the biometric details of the customers for security and safety measures while operating their bank accounts all in accordance with best practices in developed countries.
However, the BVN never came without its immense benefits, such of which are listed as follows:
- The BVN ensures the security of your
- The BVN exposes fraudulent transactions within the banking hubs, theft, and blacklisted customers.
- The BVN provides a unique identity that you can use in any bank without being downbeat.
Let’s come to understand how you can possibly check your BVN online even without you having any internet connection with you and of course you still do not have to go through the rigorousness of cramming or memorizing the 11 digits of your BVN.
However, you can possibly check your BVN through your mobile phone device anytime that you need to.
Basically, all you have to do is simply to dial on your mobile phone device that you used to register your bank account *565*0# but this comes with a charge of N20.
Peradventure you have not registered for your BVN; you can possibly do so by following these basic steps and have your bank verification number made available to you at a glimpse of an eye.
- You are to enter your bank where you have your bank account, then
- You will request for the BVN enrollment form and then fill out, and then
- You will have to submit your filled form, and then
- Your biometric data will be taken i.e., your facial, your thumb print, and then
- You will be given an acknowledgement slip with a transaction ID
- Within 24 hours you will receive your Bank Verification Number (BVN)
More so you can equally enjoy the service of some banks because they have their own code with which you can check your BVN if you are a GTBank customer. You simply dial on your mobile phone *737*1# to check your BVN apart from the general acceptable code *565*0#
Basically, these are the basic steps you have to checking and registering your Bank Verification Number (BVN) with ease.
#web development #tech for life #acha acha